Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

Default Bosch Tumble Drier keeps tripping heater cut out

"RzB" wrote in message

"powerstation" wrote in message
Is this a little red button on the back panel ? If so it is a White
Knight drier made for Bosch.
Usual cause is lack of airflow, double check everything otherwise could
be faulty motor fan, inlet stat next to heater or the cut-out itself.

Many thanks for your response. Yes it does have
a small red reset button the back.

I had the bottom part of the back off yesterday.
I removed the flexible ducting pipe, to make sure
there was no blockage. All clear. So unless there
is a blockage deep inside the fan housing
(unlikley I think) it looks like it's not down to
lack of airflow.

I also blew out the small amount of dust that was
around the motor etc...

From what I have read in other posts I think it
could be down to two possibilities. The heater
thermostat, or some other thermal sensing
(fire protection) device somewhere in the system.

Yes/No?

I intend to remove the whole back later today to
see what I can find!!!!

Many thanks,
Roy

The heater thermostat is on the heater backplate in the centre of the round
metal sheathed element, you will see it when you remove the back of the
machine. Check for good airflow from the vent hose when it is running and if
it vents through the wall check the vent outside. If you need to replace the
heater thermostat obtain a White DKnight one it will be alot cheaper !

Peter