Posted to alt.home.repair
ms

Default Maytag digital oven control problem

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Is there a reset proceedure for the control panel?

Nope.

Or does it sound like this oven control panel needs to be replaced?

Very possible.

I don't know the model except for the last 6 numbers: ____770ACW.

Gas, electric?

MER6770ACW and MER5770ACW worked for me....electric ranges.

MER6770ACW -
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=400632
Electronic clock control
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=704550
Overlay, clock (wht)

MER5770ACW -
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...=153&N=1025472
Clock, w/overlay (wht)

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thanks for the info on the model number Jeff. Very much appreciated. The
MER6770ACW dosn't look like my digital oven control, so I'm guessing the
MER5770ACW must be the one. (no picture for the MER5770ACW in your link)

The range is electric by the way. Sorry I didn't post that very important
bit of info.

Because the Xmas holidays are so darn close, and we need to cook the turkey
for all the relations that are coming over, I don't have time to dink around
with this myself, so I called a local Maytag repair service co. for help.

Boy oh boy, is this company busy. They have four service techs and I could
only get one slot only for tomorrow to get a repair tech. to look at this
oven. I'm hoping he can fix it on the spot without having to order parts
because he dosn't have the time to come back to install the parts before the
holidays.

I'm starting to think that maybe there's some kind of future in appliance
repair in my area. (Niagara Falls, Can.)

Thanks for your efforts Jeff. Have a very nice holiday.

Mike S