Posted to alt.home.repair
ms

Default Maytag digital oven control problem

I wanted to clean the oven on the weekend, and after pressing the lock or
clean button on the control panel, none of the oven controls work any more
other than the clock was still functioning.

I unplugged the stove from the power for about an hour, and then reconnected
again. Now, not even the clock is working. Whenever I push any button, the
only display that is visible is the word "OFF" in orange letters.

My question is this. Is there a reset proceedure for the control panel? Or
does it sound like this oven control panel needs to be replaced?

The range was purchased new at a Scratch and Dent Auction. The auctioneer
removed all serial / model numbers so nobody could claim warrenty. Therefore
I don't know the model except for the last 6 numbers: ____770ACW. The range
was manufactured in 2001, and is a 30' single-oven free standing range.

The LCD display has green numbers, and has a membrane control pad mounted on
a electronic circuit board with a flex circuit between the control pad and
the pcb board.

Thanks evereyone.