SC

Default Extractor fan emptying into chimney stack

"Chris Harris" wrote in message
I'm thinking about the same thing.

In our new kitchen plan we will have our cooker in the current unused
chimney stack. I know we need a liner to stop build up of grease

causing
fire hazard.

How does a liner help prevent a build up of grease?
Do you mean a liner for the whole flue or just for the opening where you
will put the fan.

Yes the whole length.
Apparently if there is a special liner off the brick walls you are less
likely to get a chimney fire. The liner is non flammable and grease
build-up in it is less like to cause a house fire. So our architect told
us.

However I finding it hard to find information online about
which extractor will be suitable. All sites seem to selling fully
integrated (into a cupboard), or with chimney hoods, but we don't need a
hood as we are keeping the chimney breast as a feature. We want a

powerful
one as this will be a living area too.

I plan on using a hood

We would have to remove the chimney breast and put in a concrete head to
support the fireplace above or remove it the full length of the house. We
would then have to run a vent 16' to the nearest outside wall, so venting up
the chimney makes a lot of sense. I would like to make a feature out of it
like this kitchen from Arena:
http://www.arena-kitchens.co.uk/rang...winchester.htm