Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugh

Default DIY satellite tv

Thanks, both, for the links - just what I need,

cheers.

"Broadback" wrote in message
Another Dave wrote:
Hugh wrote:

Some assistance here would be welcome!
Want to install a satellite tv system, but I'm left a bit perplexed by
what I need to be able to pick up all the usual programmes (BBC1 - 4 and
ITV etc.) as well as foreign stations.

Basically, and we are in London, I want to get programmes from France,
Italy and Spain - so want to know what size dish is needed - is 80cm big
enough? and what receiver? - I've got the Pace DS430N (unsubscribed) in
mind - will that pick up foreign stations?

I also want to know if this same receiver could be used in our house in
Spain (down south) to pick up the local stations as well as French, and
Italian and all the UK ones.

Installing, I shall see to myself (whether it'll work or not is a
different matter) - but gotta give it a go (even to justify posing the
question on a diy board!!)

tia
Hugh

You might be better posting to alt.satellite.tv.europe

Cheers

Go here, have a look around then ask any questions, everyone is very
helpful.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/?
What you realy need is a motorised dish and good receiver that will
control the motor. Also to receive Channel four and Five you need a Sky
Freeview card, these will work with a Dragon Cam, but need "recharging in
a Sky box from time to time. All a bit complicated but the afore
mentioned site will help you out. Also you can get help from sellers, I
find Dave at http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/ very helpful, but look at
his FAQs. The only problem I have is subtitles, these are a pain on ITV
satellite, apart from Sky boxes.

--
Please do not reply to this Email address
All Emails are deleted upon receipt.