Chris Harris

Default Extractor fan emptying into chimney stack

I'm thinking about the same thing.

In our new kitchen plan we will have our cooker in the current unused
chimney stack. I know we need a liner to stop build up of grease causing

fire hazard.

How does a liner help prevent a build up of grease?
Do you mean a liner for the whole flue or just for the opening where you
will put the fan.

However I finding it hard to find information online about
which extractor will be suitable. All sites seem to selling fully
integrated (into a cupboard), or with chimney hoods, but we don't need a
hood as we are keeping the chimney breast as a feature. We want a

powerful
one as this will be a living area too.

I plan on using a hood