Posted to alt.home.repair
Diezmon

Default baseboards bled, but still no heat.

Yep, got 120 at the pump. My guestimate is that it IS the pump.. but how to
find out?

Since the one loop always works fine, it's confusing the sh*t out of me
The one loop that does work is located fairly vertically above the furnace,
so I was wondering if it's just the heat rising up and through.. BUT the
return is nice and hot too..

Tim

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
If you are sure that the zone valves are opening, check that you have 120
volts at the pump, if so and the problem isn't air in the line, it's
possible that the pump is jammed internally or just dead

"Diezmon" wrote in message
Ok guys I've been googling up the wazoo today to try to figure this out.

I have a two zone system, upper and lower. Gas furnace, one

pump(Grundfos
Type UP 15-42F), two valves(Honeywell V8048E), and baseboards.

here she is: http://www.diezfamily.us/images/bs/AUT_2702.JPG

I thought I had frozen lines but when I bleed the zones water flows just
fine. So I followed the procedures to purge each zone and started the
system back up.

Well, I still only have heat to PART of the upstairs zone and no heat
downstairs. I'm at a loss what to try next. The thermostats are

working,
the solenoids/valves are working, the aquastat is working, all manual
valves
are open, PSI is good(15). I can feel the pipes are nice and hot coming
out
of the furnace but they go into the concrete so it's hard to trace.

Actually, downstairs there is a little in a baseboard about 4 feet from
the
furnace, but that's it. And, to make things even more fun.. the first
floor
pipes are in the concrete floor so I can't get to them or trace their
exact
route! grrrrrrr. I think this one warm baseboard is the first unit off
the
furnace..

Can it be my pump is dying and can't get the whole system flowing? The
thing is so quiet I can't tell if it's on or off.. It's a Grundfos

Type
UP
15-42F, by the way.

What else can I try???

Thanks,

T-- (thank God for gas fireplaces!)

Please reply to group.. I'm trying to remain spam-free.