Posted to alt.home.repair
Diezmon

Default baseboards bled, but still no heat.

I know the thermostats are working because they properly turn on the system.
I've checked and double checked everything with the voltmeter as well.

Can it be my pump is dying and can't get the whole system flowing? The
thing is so quiet I can't tell if it's on or off..

I couldn't tell if the pump was working, or that's what I meant by the
'thing'

no full heat upstairs.. It's hard to explain but each zone has two physical
loops. The upstairs: About 3 feet from the furnace it splits at a T to
these two loops to the upstairs. Then, they return to another T on the
return loop, just before the furnace. One loop heats up perfectly, the
other loop stays cool even though both are fully open... very weird. I
_think_ I eliminated the possibility of blockage, since when purging the
water flows freely.

In the pic you can see the two loops for the downstairs(the taller two going
into the concrete), and the return T just before returning to the furnace.

The downstairs baseboards, also a single zone with two physical loops, stays
cold. But, those two pipes coming out of the furnace, into the floor, are
HOT.

A beast? I was thinking it was pretty simple.. which is why I can't for the
life of me, figure out the problem!

Tim

"wannabe" wrote in message
oups.com...

Diezmon wrote:

What else can I try???

Thanks,

How do you know the thermostats are working, you say you can't tell if
it's off or on, (since it runs so quiet)

You claim partial heat upstairs, could it be full heat upstairs? and
you are missing the downstairs heat rising?

I saw the picture, what a beast!

my 2cents