Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Default Grizzly G5959Z 5hp table saw

Sorry, I SWMBO called me to supper as I was answering. I had a brain
freeze and hit post instead of cancel.

Anyway . . .
3. Check your data sheet to be sure it doesn't require a 30 amp SLOW
TRIP breaker. Most motors draw quite a bit more amperage at startup.
Delta tells me my 5 HP Unisaw pulls over 100 Amps for about 1.5 seconds
at startup. They say a 30 amp slow trip breaker or a 40 amp standard
breaker will hold it. I used 40 amp because the slow trip breaker is a
specialty item; hard to find and way more expensive. Delta sells their
5 hp saw without a cord, but I'm not aware of any requirement to use
conduit. I see no reason why you couldln't use a section of
appropriately sized flex cord. If there is a requirement I'm not aware
of, I'm sure one of the electrical experts will chime in and set me
straight.

4. A crate of that weight is easier to unload than it sounds with just
two people. I had four, but found there really wasn't room for more
than two to get a good hold on the crate. If the tailgate is not tooo
high off the ground, you can GENTLY tip the crate onto its side. Then
slide the crate so the tipping point is at the edge of the tailgate.
Then you can lower the end to the ground before the lower end gets too
heavy to manage. If the tailgate is high, you can tip the crate over,
then slide it down a ramp built from a couple of
boards. The friction of the crate on the boards is enough to help you
keep things under control. Once you have it on the ground, uncrate the
saw. Without the extension wings and crate, the saw itself is
managable by one person with a two wheeled dolly if you strap it to the
dolly.

5. I don't think the saws are similar enough for my assembly
experience to be much help to you, but it went fine.

DonkeyHody
"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom
that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down
on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid
again---and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold
one anymore." - Mark Twain