Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick Samuel

Default Grizzly G5959Z 5hp table saw

# 4) If you have a loading dock at work, AND can arrange use of a
forklift, AND have a pickup........... Worked for me. Jointer was 300 lbs.

"Frank Ketchum" wrote in message
k.net...
Anyone out there own this beast? I am considering it and had a couple
questions.
It is a 12", 5hp, 220volt single phase, left tilt tablesaw on their
website for $1,729.25 delivered.

1) Are you happy with the saw itself? I currently have 2 grizzly tools,
the 8 inch G500 jointer and the 14 inch G555 bandsaw. I am happy with
both, but I didn't take the plunge until I read alot about them from happy
owners. As far as this saw goes, there doesn't seem to be much info
available in the archives about it. I assume because most people probably
opt for a 10 inch model.

2) It has long rails to allow for a 50" rip capacity which I want. The
thing is, with their other saws that have the long rails, there appears to
be a surface that comes with the rails and goes in between them at least
according to the pictures. It just looks like a piece of melamine There
doesn't appear to be anything that comes with the 5959 that goes between
the rails. If that is the case, did you build something to install there
and was attaching it much of a chore?

3) At 5hp the saw draws 27amps. The data sheet says to use a 30 amp
breaker. I believe for a machine of this size, you are not supposed to
use an extension cord, but rather hard pipe the power to it. Anyone know
if this is true?

4) The shipping weight of the main carton with the saw in it is 551lbs.
How did you unload it? 4 guys?

5) How did the assembly go?

Any other thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Frank