Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default thermostat anticipator

///Owen\\\ wrote:
I got a new thermostat - a cheap Honeywell (a builder installed it). I find
the house gets too cold before the furnaces switches "on". And, the furnace
switches "off" before the house reaches the set temperature. I think I need
to adjust the anticipator. Could anyone help me?

Thanks

No you don't, it sounds like it works fine just
the index is wrong, i.e, 68 degrees on the setting
is actually 65 degrees or so.

However, if you really want a better thermostat
get the $39 Honeywell digital (Lowes has them on
sale but shows the wrong picture, it is really a
rectangle). I've had mine for over 6 years and it
would keep the temp at the thermostat within one
degree on an electric furnace and now on a gas
furnace.