Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

Default Airbrushing turned items

In article . com,
"Joe Fleming" wrote:

Owen, Binh sands to about 400 or 600 grit. During my class, we did not
raise the grain prior to color application. Also, no sealer goes down.

Hi Joe. Offhand, do you know what wood(s) Binh uses? Could fuzzing/grain
raising be a function of the OP's use of beech? The acrylic paints my
daughter is using on spin tops is raising the grain of the hard maple...

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.