Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
fatpie

Default Beginner's Lathe Projects

F. George McDuffee wrote:
Part of owning your own lathe is making stuff the way you
want/need it.

Get a bunch of tool catalogs and old machining books and scan
these for ideas.

Make the tools you want such as a rear mounted cut-off tool
holder, pump-staff for centering/locating parts on
faceplates/chucks, die holders for threading, quick change tool
holders.

Great ideas, thanks a lot. I searched in vain online for a long time
for projects, and the ones I found at school were all things we already
had. Though my teacher did suggest a bell punch, which sounded like a
good idea to me. Thanks for all the links too, your school site,
particularly, was very interesting. I'm looking forward to getting
started.