Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

Default How long does a tube of unopened caulk last?

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:17:27 -0500, "miamicuse"
wrote:

I bought a twelve pack of silicon caulk about 2 years ago and used right. I
have 4 tubes never opened never broken the seal. How long will they last?
Today I opened one up and nothing is coming out. Sticked a long nail in it
and it's semi-hard near the nozzle...

I don't see an expiration date on these things. Shouldn't they last a
little longer?

MC

I would not buy more caulk than could be used in a year. Same with
woodworker's glue. However, it may last a bit longer. Bottom line is
ask the manufacturer about shelf life.