Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian White

Default Folding shower screen or curtain and pole?

SilverDales wrote:
Hi all, we have been doing the bathroom and we have a small dilema. We
are trying to go for a more neater cleaner look and have a new electric
shower but are unsure over wether to have a pole and curtain or a
screen. If we have a screen it would have to be folding so that my
wife can lean over the bath to do her hair with the mixer shower. It
couldn't be a solid screen because of the position of the door, if
someone opened the door when the screen was back it would bang into it.
But our experience with curtains is they do get dirty quickly.
any ideas?

In a very similar situation, we chose a Z-fold screen with four
aluminium framed glass panels. It folds down into a fairly slim stack,
which then swings back to the wall giving full access to the bath taps
and shower unit.

We've been well pleased with it for the past 15 years or so, but that is
too long ago to be able to tell you the specific make or model. The
important things are that it's solidly made and solidly mounted to the
wall, and that it's lined up correctly in relation to the edge of the
bath.

We are just about to decide on a shower screen for new bath in a
different house, a Z-fold screen is still the front runner. Since it
won't need to fold right back to the wall this time, we might go for one
that has the first panel rigidly mounted to the wall, plus two or three
more fold-out panels.

--
Ian White