Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Richards

Default Combi Boiler Pressure Drop

Owain wrote:

http://www.philrichards1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Boiler.jpg
2. How on earth is a system supposed to be refilled easily when radiators
are drained out? Or is there another way of allowing mains water into the
system.

By connecting the flexible silver pipe between the cold water main and
the radiator circuit, and turning the taps on until the pressure gauge
goe up to whatever it should be.

Are you saying there are now no screw-on connection points for the
flexible pipe?
3. How easily would it be for the engineer to get the pressure back?

Very easy assuming there are screw-on connection points for the flexible
pipe. I don't know what British Gas will say - be prepared for them to
tell you you need a new boiler.

Perhaps not too clear from the photo I took, there are screw on connections
on both pipes on the RHS. I can see now how easy the job will probably be.
What I don't understand is why they effectively got sealed off presumably
after the boiler and radiator system were installed making it difficult to
top it up after, say what I did, by draining out one radiator.

I don't know what British Gas will say - be prepared for them to
tell you you need a new boiler.

Well I hope not.....

--
Phil Richards