powerstation

Default Gas oven - flexible gas pipe NOT allowed!

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
powerstation wrote:
Nope. If it got that hot around the oven then surely the worktops and
adjecant units would have to be of some non-flammable construction.

But if the hose comes into contact with the hot rear metalwork of the
oven it can exceed the rated temperature of the Gas hose. I am Corgi
registered and fit the appliance's strictly as per the installation
instructions, as required by the GAUR.

So are you saying the insulation on a built in oven is poorer than on a
freestanding cooker where a flexible connection is allowed?

--

I am saying the connection must be made in accordance with the instructions
supplied, this is why no new gas appliance (or second hand) can be installed