John

Default Gas oven - flexible gas pipe NOT allowed!

"Lurch" wrote in message
On or around Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:24:35 +0000 (UTC), "John"
mused:

I really need more info why the flexible hose is not permitted here.

Temperature

Nope. If it got that hot around the oven then surely the worktops and
adjecant units would have to be of some non-flammable construction.

IIRC solid piping was required for some commercial catering equipment to
prevent things being moved out from under flue hoods where applicable. I
wonder if this is based on the same logic.

Doubt it as it's a built in oven which doesn't require any extraction
and the required kitchen extraction isn't required by CORGI so it has
nothing to do with gas ovens. Even if there was extraction in the
kitchen it isn't neccesarily over the oven.

I'm thinking along the lines of a wood/chipboard top to the unit possibly
with a gap at rear. Moving the oven forward "might" result in the heat from
the oven vent being under the top, unless the vent is hidden in a grille at
the front.
As many kitchen units are fully enclosed at the rear presumably any
manufacturer will have been asked this point before and maybe a question to
them might be better than asking us to guess from here.