Mike

Default Vintage Sony discman d-7 dead

I got my hands on a discman D-7, I like older toys, and its got the classic
dead symtom. No nothing.
Well, I got a steady 12 volts in, but everywhere I probe, even the power
switch, 0v. nadda.

In the power regulator area, I got 12v going to a few select transistors,
and I got 6 to 8 volts comming out of one, and different areas I got
1.2volts to zilch. Nothing getting to the power switch.

There is also a big silver box like thing that has leads soldered in the
board around that area, Is this the voltage regulator box? Im thinking about
cutting that away and finding out.

I took readings on those pins, got about 10 volts in from the b+ supply, and
no other voltages elsewhere on the outputs.

Also, Does anyone have service info or schematics theyd like to send?