Colbyt

Default How level does the floor has to be for laminate flooring

"rkhazin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am planning to lay laminate flooring over the entire basement floor
but 60% of it is covered by 1/8" vinyl tiles and the rest bare
concrete. Can I lay over it as is or do I need to level the floor first
by stripping all the tiles or perhaps cover the bare concrete with 1/8"
linoleum.
Suggestions?

Ray

At the risk of sounding unhelpful, may I suggest you read and follow the
directions included with the product.

I seem to recall 1/8" deviation in X feet. Yes you are going to need to
remove the tiles. After you do that you may still need to skim coat and
level the floor. Most basement floors do not meet the minimum standards set
for a proper laminate installation. Concrete floors may look level but they
aren't.

Colbyt