NorthIdahoWWer

Default DIY Sawdust pelletising presses

This subject was posted here last week. I had replyed that while in Germany
this summer, I toured a woodshop in which the sawdust was sent downstairs
via a central dust collector. There, it was compressed into biscuits the
size of a breakfast biscuit... about 3" dia by 1 1/2 to 2" thick. No binder
was used, only the pressure that the machine used to make them. He had a
huge pile of these and shoveled them into a wood burning stove system which
then heated the whole shop. It was a fascinating shop. I'll get around to
posting the pics on a webpage one of these days. I even brought one of the
sawdust biscuits home with me.

Will