Pop

Default Noisy Oil Burner

Two things:

1. That sounds more like the coupler noise at the motor; likely
worn out, replaceable, or that my expereience anyway.

2. What is "50%" less noise? Sounds fishy. That's not how you
spec "noise".

I'd see if I could get another analysis from a different place.

HTH,
Pop

"Manta" wrote in message
: Hi!
:
: I have a Peerless boiler and a Beckett burner. The burner is
very
: noisy. You can hear a deep rumble throughout my house. The
unit is
: 7 years old and regularly maintained.
:
: My oil company is suggesting I replace the Beckett burner with
: Riello burner, saying the noise will be reduced by 50%.
:
: Can I expect that kind of noise reduction? Does anyone have
any
: experience with this? Advice? If the noise is reduced that
much,
: it'll be worth the cost.
:
: Thanks!