C & M

Default Help with Kitchen Sink Soap Dispenser

"Joe" wrote in message
news
We have a soap dispenser installed on our kitchen sink. This is one
with a plastic bottle under the sink and a pump handle with a
dispenser on the top.

snip

This is an option, but is there anything I could try before I go
through the effort and expense of a new dispenser?

Thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe, those things get gummed up sometimes and just need the coating of
semi-dried soap loosened. Pull the stem up out of the bottle and hold it in
some
hot water (just use the hot water tap). Try to work some of the hot water
up
into the dispenser. Whether or not you can accomplish this, lay the entire
thing
down in a pan of hot water and allow it to soak for 15 minutes and then, try
again.
When you get it pumping you can just place it back into the bottle and use
as
normal. Perhaps you should try a different brand of soap. We just use Dawn
and haven't had any trouble. The dispenser at work is another story.