Steven L Umbach

Default Kitchen cabinet veneer fading - how to repair?

We have pretty decent Homecrest raised oak cabinets of medium oak stain in
our kitchen but the sides are veneer and an upper cabinet in particular by
the kitchen window over the sink has considerable fade in the veneer driving
my wife crazy. Where can I go to find a iron veneer of matching color or can
the veneer otherwise be refinished? Another option I am looking at is to get
some matching cabinet doors to attach to the sides if I can get a size that
looks good. I see that a lot when I go to home centers. If I go that route
what is the best way to attach the doors to the sides. I figure some type of
adhesive around the backside edges of the door and then maybe use some
clamps to hold on to the side where I can use clamps and maybe a couple
finish nails on the other and at the top?? Thanks for any help. --- Steve