Dave Plowman (News)

Default Advice on wiring a 2 gang 1 way switch

In article ,
Rigga wrote:
I need to wire in a 2 gang 1 way light switch and have a mental block on
what I need to do. On the back of the switch it has the following:

L1 L2 a wavy line with an arrow through it (whats this?)

I thought that I would just need to have my live feed in to L1 and the
switch live comming from L2, but seeing the wavy line with arrow through
it has confused me!, is this the common? do i not need to use it as I am
not doing 2 way switching?

Any help appreciated.

L1 & l2 won't work. You need to use the common then either 'L' for one
way. If the switch works 'upside down' use the other 'L' terminal.

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.