Ralph Mowery

Default Fireplace screen seal

"Frank" wrote in message
news
I just installed a pre-fab fireplace screen-- glass doors/screen/ metal
frame. One of my objectives in doing this was to control air flow into
the
fireplace. The metal frame does not fit exactly flush with the brick
exterior leaving some space for air to come in. Ideally, I would like to
use some sort of fire-proof calking to seal the frame to the brick from

the
inside. Is there such a product??? Any recommendations. Thanks

Is the glass rated to be closed while the fire is in use ? Many fireplace
glass doors must be open while the fire is burning.