Default Electric Outlets - Hot and Neutral Reversed

Sorry I couldn't get back on line as the thread has gone too far. I
thank all for their input. I know the situation has to be dealt with,
but as I originally said, I just wanted to have some backup that it
should be dealt with sooner rather than later.

I should have mentioned that this is a multifamily dwelling with the
live in landlord having access to the circuit breaker, and actually
that is a side issue to my main concern (the HNR outlets). We just
moved in and I have to go with the presumption that the prior tennant
had absolutely no problem with the HNR outlets. I am sure there will
be no problem with the landlord calling in his electrician.

Thanks,
Wes