nospambob

Default Piston Hinge??

The device I got from www.wwhardware.com allows the blanket chest lid
to float down as it closes. Sorry I don't know the part number but
they had an array with different parameters to select from. Sure
happy with whatever I bought.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:26:57 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

Im in the process of making a window seat for a client. She wants the top
to open for storage underneith. She said that she had one in her old house
where she could open it - it would say in place - then all she would have to
do is close it abit - and it would slowly close by itself the rest of the
way.
I looked in the local borg but they had just standard toybox hinges where
they would stay up and you have to close them.
She didnt know what kind they were - but by what she is saying they almost
sound like some type of piston hinge. I searched around a bit and done
really see anything like that.
Can someone help me out? Has anyone seen a type of hinge that works like
that?

Thanks
-Rob