Dave Fawthrop

Default Water heater suitable for bath filling ?

On 19 Oct 2005 07:10:01 GMT, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:

| In article .com,
| "Sean" writes:
| Anyone recomend anything suitable for this.
|
| Basically an old house which i dont want to rip apart to install CH -
| currently (old and very large) wall mounted storage water boiler is
| mounted just adjacent to the bath and feeds the bath and wash basin -
| downstairs has a over sink electric heater.
|
| The bath heater leaks and really is huge (but still works after 30 yrs
| use)- i'd like something smaller but still electric powered - are there
| any instant water heaters solid enough to run long enough to fill a
| bath or are they all storage?
|
| The problem is that a domestic electricity supply is not up to
| the task of instant heating water at typical bath filling rates.
| Products exist and are used in some countries where 3-phase is
| routinely provided to homes, but that's rare in the UK.

IIRC all three phases are wired to UK homes, but only one is used.
Installing a three phase meter should be possible, but I am not sure of the
cost.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.