Larry

Default Thermocouple for Tappan Stove?

James R. Lunsford wrote:
: We've got an old Tappan, Wilcolator stove that we purchased from our
: landlord for $25, good deal as we didn't have one when we moved to
: our new place.
:
: The top of the stove works fine, although even though the pilot
: lights are lit, we still have to use a lighter to light the burners,
: but it cooks well, does the job.
:
: Problem is, the oven won't light. Pilot light comes on, landlord
: told us that we need to let the thermocouple warm up, but even after
: holding the "red button" in for 5 minutes as soon as you let it go,
: the pilot light goes out.
:
: I'm pretty sure that I'll need to replace the thermocouple, but I
: can't find one on the 'net anywhere. The model number is cs2888 lot
: 8, but I can't find that model listed on any of the Tappan parts
: websites that I've found, and a search of Google turned up nothing.
: The stove is an older model, I'd guesstimate late 60's or so.
:
: Any advice would be appreciated. *DOES* it sound like it's the
: thermocouple? *IS* there a way to find this part somewhere? HELP!
:
: TIA

Hi James,

It is likely the thermocouple.